On Sunday, December 4th, Orange County Women of Vision/World Vision are hosting a walk to support AIDS Orphans as well as clean water development in our World Vision sponsored projects in KENYA.
We will gather at the Port Streets (Newport Hills) Clubhouse at 2:00. We will be walking 6000 Steps for the 6000 Children orphaned every day by the still prevalent AIDS pandemic. We will be provided water as a reminder of the great need for access to clean, sustainable water resources there.
It will be a fundraiser as well for these projects. More information will be forthcoming.
We hope you can join us!
Friday, October 7, 2011
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
We hope that your Fall is off to a fantastic start as we all are getting back into our Fall routines.
We wanted to send out an update regarding our Kids With A Vision endeavors this year. We are really excited to dive back into life with you all!
Here is our plan for the year:
- We have decided to hold our KWAV's meeting with the kiddos once a month on the first Wednesday of every month. We will kick this off on November 2nd at 1:30 PM at the Phase 2 Clubhouse. We will meet the first Wednesday of each month at the Phase 2 Clubhouse from 1:30-2:40.
- We will send out an email sign up for parent volunteers in the upcoming weeks. But, save the dates! Kids in kinder - 3rd grade are welcome to join us and 4th - 6th graders are welcome to attend as Jr. Counselors!
- We have also planned a couple of KWAV's field trips for families to participate in!
- Sunday, November 6th @ 2:30 PM :: Help us assemble Blessing Bags for the Homeless | Andersen elementary lunch tables
This is a great opportunity to serve alongside your kids in a practical way. We will have all the supplies needed to assemble the blessing bags - Come with your kids and lets put blessing bags together.
Here is the time frame:
-2:30-3:30 - assemble blessing bags at Andersen picnic tables
-3:30 - 4:30 - load up in cars and caravan to The Santa Ana Civic Center where we can deliver them to people in need
-5 PM - meet at St Pepperoni's for pizza dinner with our KWAV's peeps!!!
*** We will also be collecting blankets and used jackets (all sizes) to hand out to the homeless.
We ask that you RSVP to this event and also that each family participating would donate $20 towards the blessings bags. (You can RSVP via email or leave a comment here letting us know you are coming)
- Thursday, December 15th :: "A Night in Bethlehem" at Liberty Baptist Church | 6-8 PM
This is a great opportunity to experience the nativity scene in real life! Your kids will be stoked.
- Family Dinner/Picnic at Bonita Canyon Sports Park - the first Saturday of every month : 3 PM until its too dark to play. :)
We thought it would be fun to start a tradition of eating together and playing alongside our kids. Come join us as we hang and enjoy dinner together. We will be at the sports park by the tennis courts. This is an open invitation to anyone who wants to join us. The more the merrier!
Please feel free to share KWAV's info with any new families you think may be interested in joining in.
As always, we will be updating this KWAV's blog with information, so continue to check it for updates and news.
We look forward to a great year of exploring how we can be a blessing in our community and beyond!